Week 9: Egyptian Gods & Goddesses
READ: K – 5: The Gods & Goddesses of Ancient Egypt by Leonard Everett Fisher
6 – 8: Egyptian Mythology by Janell Broyles (Chps 1 – 3 only)
- Who was the god of all creation? (RA)
- What did he look like? (human body, hawk or falcon head)
- Who was the god of the dead? (Anubis)
- What did he look like? (human body, jackal head)
- Who was the god of the Underworld? (Osiris)
- Who was the greatest of the goddesses? (Isis)
- What was often on her head? (a disk and a pair of horns)
- Who was the god of the desert? (Set)
- What did he look like? (human body, aardvark type head)
K – 2: Color this page from supercoloring.com by CLICKING HERE.
3 – 5: Draw and label these five gods: Ra, Anubis, Osiris, Isis, & Set
6 – 8: Pick 3 gods/goddesses and write an essay: Why do you think each god or goddess is depicted as they are?
Copyright February 9th, 2013 by Gwen Fredette.