Week 16: Tower of Babel/Ancient Babylon Part II**
READ: K – 3: Story of Daniel & Story of Shadrach, Meshach, & Abednego in a children’s Bible* & The Babylonians: Life in Ancient Babylon (Chps 5 – 6 only) by Martha Rustad
4 – 5: The Bible: Daniel chapter 3, Daniel chapter 6 & The Babylonians: Life in Ancient Babylon (Chps 5 – 6 only) by Martha Rustad
6 – 8: The Bible: Daniel chapter 1, Daniel chapter 3, & Daniel chapter 7 & The Babylonians by Elaine Landau
* I highly recommend The Young Reader’s Bible by Bonnie Bruno & Carol Reinsma
- Who was the first great ruler of Babylon? (Hammurabi)
- What was the “Code of Hammurabi”? (set of laws telling people how to live)
- How do we know about this code? (carved on a stone)
- Who was the most famous ruler of Babylon? (King Nebuchadnezzar II)
- What did he do to make Babylon powerful? (built a bigger & better city, fixed canals, built wall around city; built famous “Hanging Gardens of Babylon”)
- What were the “Hanging Gardens”? (one of 7 wonders of the Ancient World; beautiful gardens built for the king’s wife on palace rooftop)
- Why is Nebuchadnezzar famous in the Bible? (demanded that Shadrach, Meshach, & Abednego bow to worship a huge golden statue; also had dreams of prophecy that Daniel interpreted.)
3 – 5: Write a paragraph discussing some of the good and bad things about King Nebuchadnezzar.
6 – 8: Write an essay discussing King Nebuchadnezzar’s positive and negative qualities.
** Tower of Babel/Ancient Babylon Part I lesson plan was posted several weeks ago. To get to that lesson plan, click HERE.
Copyright March 30th, 2013 by Gwen Fredette