Week 4: Greek Myths
READ: K – 2: The Hero and the Minotaur by Robert Byrd
3 – 4: The Hero and the Minotaur by Robert Byrd & Medusa by Deborah Lattimore
5 – 6:The Hero and the Minotaur by Robert Byrd & Medusa by Deborah Lattimore & King Midas and the Golden Touch by Charlotte Craft
7 – 8: D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths by Ingri & Edgar Parin D’Aulaire (stories of Danaus, Perseus, and the Gorgon pg 114; King Midas pg 124; & Theseus pg 148) OR Greek Myths by Olivia Coolidge (Midas pg 90; Medusa’s head pg 150; & Theseus pg 187)
- In your own words, explain each story you read today. (answers will vary)
- What Greek Gods and Goddesses were involved in each story? (answers will vary)
- Which story do you like the best? Why? (answers will vary)
- Have you heard stories similar to these before? When? (answers will vary)
- Why do you think these stories are still popular today? (answers will vary)
K – 2: Have fun completing one of the mazes from this site: http://krazydad.com/mazes/sfiles/KD_Mazes_EZ_v1.pdf
3 – 4: Have fun completing one of the mazes from this site: http://krazydad.com/mazes/sfiles/KD_Mazes_EZ_v1.pdf and draw your own picture of Medusa.
5 – 8: Write an essay telling a little about each of the Greek stories you read today. Then tell which of these stories is your favorite and why.
Copyright September 7th, 2013 by Gwen Fredette