Year 2: American History Unit Study
Revolutionary War Lesson Plans
Click on a Lesson Plan topic below and you will be automatically forwarded to that lesson plan on this site. Each literature-based lesson plan consists of:
1.) Recommended books per subject separated into grade categories for students in grades K – 8.
2.) Discussion questions to review with your students.
3.) Recommended activities separated into grade categories for students in grades K – 8.
- Book List: Revolutionary War
- Week 1: John Hancock
- Week 2: Paul Revere
- Week 3: Patrick Henry
- Week 4: The Declaration of Independence (Part I)
- Week 5: The Declaration of Independence (Part II)
- Week 6: Ben Franklin
- Week 7: John Adams
- Week 8: George Washington
- Week 9: Revolutionary War (Part I)
- Week 10: Revolutionary War (Part II)
- Week 11: Daily Life in 1776 (Part I)
- Week 12: Daily Life in 1776 (Part II)
- Week 13: Women & the Revolutionary War
- Week 14: Revolutionary War Review
- Week 15: African-Americans & the Revolutionary War
- Week 16: The Iroquois Democracy & the Revolutionary War
- Week 17: Revolutionary War Test
Question: Why is there no lesson plan on Thomas Jefferson?
Answer: Thomas Jefferson was the 3rd president of the United States and also played a key role in the Westward Expansion of the United States’ borders and the framing of the new government. Therefore, a special lesson plan is prepared for him in the next American History Unit Study. However, students will learn (from the lessons cited above) about his role in the writing of the Declaration of Independence, and his relationship with John Adams as his Vice-President.
If you have any questions about these History Lesson Plans, or for the ones prepared for the Fall, please feel free to email me. My email is email@example.com.