Year 5: Post Civil War Era Unit Study
Post Civil War Lesson Plans
Click on a Lesson Plan topic below and you will be automatically forwarded to that lesson plan on this site. Each literature-based lesson plan consists of:
1.) Recommended books per subject separated into grade categories for students in grades K – 8.
2.) Discussion questions to review with your students.
3.) Recommended activities separated into grade categories for students in grades K – 8.
POST CIVIL WAR ERA
- Book List: Post Civil War Era
- Week 1: Civil War Reconstruction & Ku Klux Klan
- Week 2: Transcontinental Railroad
- Week 3: Susan B. Anthony
- Week 4: Great Chicago Fire
- Week 5: Booker T. Washington
- Week 6: Life in the Midwest
- Week 7: Grasshopper Plagues, 1800’s
- Week 8: Immigration, 1800’s
- Week 9: Cowboys
- Week 10: Indians of the Plains & West
- Week 11: Alexander Graham Bell
- Week 12: Thomas Edison
- Week 13: Statue of Liberty
- Week 14: Helen Keller
- Week 15: George Washington Carver
- Week 16: Post Civil War Review (& Presidents from Johnson to McKinley)
- Week 17: Post Civil War Test
If you have any questions about these History Lesson Plans, or for the ones prepared for the Fall, please feel free to email me. My email is email@example.com.