Year 4: Civil War Era Unit Study
Civil War Lesson Plans
Click on a Lesson Plan topic below and you will be automatically forwarded to that lesson plan on this site. Each literature-based lesson plan consists of:
1.) Recommended books per subject separated into grade categories for students in grades K – 8.
2.) Discussion questions to review with your students.
3.) Recommended activities separated into grade categories for students in grades K – 8.
CIVIL WAR ERA
- Book List: Civil War Era
- Week 1: The Mexican War
- Week 2: The California Gold Rush
- Week 3: Harriet Tubman
- Week 4: Slavery & the Underground Railroad
- Week 5: Abraham Lincoln
- Week 6: Frederick Douglass
- Week 7: The Telegraph & the Train
- Week 8: Balloons & Generals in War
- Week 9: Battle of Ironclads
- Week 10: Emancipation Proclamation
- Week 11: Daily Life, Civil War
- Week 12: Gettysburg
- Week 13: Medical Advances, Civil War
- Week 14: Soldier’s Life, Civil War
- Week 15: Buffalo Bill
- Week 16: Sitting Bull
- Week 17: Civil War Era History Test
If you have any questions about these History Lesson Plans, or for the ones prepared for the Fall, please feel free to email me. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.